Thursday 4 February 2010

Meeting Old Rock and Pebbles


Butterflywings told me there would be a surprise for my last night staying with her so I was really excited last Friday evening. It always makes me happy sad when I hit the road again - happy to be on the move and meeting more friends and sad to be leaving my old friends.

The surprise was a drumming session with my Indie Shaman friends and some new friends as well. We all had a wonderful time and I think a drumming session is a very good idea for a Shaman's move-on party. Actually I have a sneaking suspicion that Butterflywings may hold these full moon drumming sessions once a month anyway but it was still a wonderful gathering for my last evening so it doesn't matter does it? After the drumming I said a sad bye bye to Butterflywings and a happy hello to Old Rock.

Old Rock then took me to his home and let me light a night light at his alter to bring in the new day.


Then on Saturday he introduced me to some more new friends so I won't be lonely when he goes to work and we relaxed and sat around the fire.


On Sunday, Old Rock took me to Kerry to meet his daughter and grandson. I got on very well with Pebbles. We both fell asleep in the car when we went out. Well there would be lots to see and do, so I wanted to make some more energy and you do that when you are asleep.


We did lots of exploring and visited Listowel and Tralee. Luckily Pebbles has short legs like me so we didn't have to walk very fast. I also like to have a rest now and again and this was a very comfy hedge to rest on. I like to listen to the song of the river and this was the perfect seat to do that.



We even did some tree climbing and I was very brave and had a go too. Old Rock had to give me a bit of a hand though as hedgehogs aren't really designed for climbing trees.
Look out for my next blog because Old Rock said I'm going to university soon! I wasn't sure what a university was but he explained its a place where people go to learn so it sounds just my type of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment