Friday 3 September 2010

Starting the Search for Salmon


I’m back at home with Indie Shaman. June said I needed a little rest after my travels around the UK, Ireland, Greece and Peru so that’s what I’ve been doing. Everyone was very interested to hear about my experiences in Peru. I learned so much and had a great time with Ross Heaven and hope to visit him again one day in Spain. And as you can see he gave me a wonderful wooden pendant to take home with me.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to carry out my new cosmic purpose yet as no-one has any shrimp. I’ve talked a lot about my new cosmic purpose, all the important shaman I met and all the important ceremonies and blessings I took part in. June said I could do with a little grounding as well as a rest. I think I got the grounding when I met Indi, the new puppy, as she seemed to think I was a new ‘Mr Squeaky’! A ‘Mr Squeaky’ apparently being a cuddly toy belonging to Indi and I’ve seen what’s left of her cuddly toys!!

There have been some questions about what to call me now since my discovery that I am Ezekiel the Fish. I’ve decided not to change my name officially as I’m quite well known and Sham is the name by which everyone knows me. So you can call me by whichever name you prefer and I'll answer to both!

While I’ve been resting I’ve been looking up more about fish and have been learning about the Salmon of Wisdom. The oldest and wisest of these Salmon is the Salmon of Llyn Llyw who apparently can be found in the estuary of Afon Hafren (the River Severn). Afon Hafren starts in the Cambrian Mountains and makes its way to the sea between Wales and England. Where I am now isn’t very far from this at all and when I heard June and Si were going to Wales I got very excited and asked if I could go as well because I want to look for this Salmon!

However they are not going to mid Wales but to North Wales. At first I was disappointed but then I found out about the Welsh Dee Salmon. These swim across the Atlantic, go up the Wirral estuary marches, past Chester, Overton and Erbistock, then past the racecourse at Bangor, through the vale of Llangollen, across Corwen and Bala to swim in the pools and falls of Snowdonia. And Si and June are going to be staying at Bala and walking in Snowdonia! So I’m going too to look for these wise Welsh Salmon. In fact it might be easier to talk to one of the Dee Salmon rather than the Salmon of Llyn Llyw given as there is only one of him and he sounds incredibly old and clever so is probably very busy.

The only thing of slight concern is Indi is going too, but I’m sure we will have sorted out our slight misunderstanding by then …


p.s. June asked me to add that Indie Shaman will be closed from today until Sunday 12th September, apart from the forum which will be open as usual. Will talk to you all again when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment